Last week we started with the first part of our series of marijuana growing tips. This week it is time for part 2!
Growing Cannabis Guide 2/8 – From Seed to Seedling
In our previous post you could read up on growing outdoor versus growing indoor. Whatever choice you have made, except from the time of sowing the sowing is done in the same way. In the that you want to grow cannabis inside you can sow whenever you like, if you want to grow cannabis outside you will have to do it in the springtime.
To get the best results when germinating cannabis seeds, we advise you to germinate the seeds according to the procedure below, with which we obtain germination rates of plus 95 % :
1. Use a place with a stable temperature of 20°C (70°F)
2. Use soil with a pH-value of ± 7.0. ( or germination soil mix from the gardening center)
3. Sow the marijuana seeds in a container about 5 mm (0.2 inches) deep.
4. 1 Seed per small container is easy for later moving to a larger container or ouside. Keep 5 cm (2 inches) distance between the seeds in larger containers.
5. After sowing press the earth lightly, this stimulates even sprouting.
6. Spray the soil lightly with water. The soil should not be too dry or too wet.
7. Cover the container with thin transparent plastic film to achieve an
optimal greenhouse effect.
8. After 1 to 10 days the seeds will have sprouted. Now remove the
9. Sprinkle the soil regularly with water, wait till the upper layer has dried
out, and sprinkle again with water.
10. After 1 – 2 weeks the seedlings will be strong enough to put them in a larger container.